Saturday, June 23, 2007

Diary of a Cyborg

Diary of a Cyborg


This is a pilot study
to make numbers intelligible for self-evaluation.
A woman with an iron voice clanks we must
surrender certain rights
in the face of declining resources.

If I can't keep my eyes open, who
will evaluate me, now in self-absence?
I feel my resources declining, my face
declining, growing old in this room.
Electric chandeliers and dead birds hanging
by their feet. Suck on the plastic bottle,

rehydrate, now decouple and undo
the Travis Reform Techniques.
I have dosed. Missed a connection.
Reform promotes corruption in systems.
The heart of the matter:
Those who have experienced the surveillance regime
and those who have not experienced
the surveillance regime. Density of matter.

There are some false couplings. It's my right
to surrender. I just lived my life firing sparks
in a continuous feedback loop,
never consulted with the legal department
and so I hang by my feet,
obsolete.

No comments: