Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You and Lulu

Whatchu doin' with Lulu?
Lulu, who you
don't even care for,
do you?

Eh la-la Lulu,
she pursued you
down Sepulveda Avenue.
Chased you. Wooed you.
Yoo-hoo hoo-ed you.

Whatchue doin' with Lulu, up in Santa Cruz-zoo?
Drinkin' ouzo?
Where'd you run so suddenly, after drinks in Albany?

Totally
lonely
up here on the second floor,
out the door in Baltimore,
neither nor Norfolk, Kansas City two-step, bad bet,
once a night in New Orleans,
with a dinner in between.

Don't you know I'm shook up
from this hookup?
Can't you see through
all her hoodoo?

Stay with me one time,
will you?

I was in my sick bed
I was on the psyche ward
I was at the seashore
I was at a conference,
no one there was making sense
I was home by the phone--
where were you?
Off with Lulu. Well screw you.

No comments: