Monday, April 7, 2008

That In Me Sings No More

Thinking if he will change I can change, and the new life risked,
claim the jackpot and live like a goddamn tree
full of birds, you know
always singing to the dawn. And if he comes
forward I will come forward as if it were a dare to say move
over in ecstasy but only when we all agree and we step out
together in some crazy unisong.

Eros, I don't care anymore who you are. Return and lie
beside me, golden in the dark. You mystery, abide.
At dusk come nameless, visit my reverie by day, stroke my
imagining and leave nothing ordinary, nothing as ever was, be thou the
enchantment and mortal peril.

Morning is lead without you. .
I can't bear another day alone.
Thinking I change when the season changes, thinking he
holds it, hidden, denies and must yield
his secret, then there is

no secret.
Thinking nothing can change then it does.

No comments: